music. art. life. love.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

sayonara, seniors

Today was the Senior's last day. Unlike the rest of us who are locked in our little prison for 6 MORE DAYS (including weekends), they get out now. They graduate tomorrow, and of course have the senior all night party tomorrow evening. Now, being a freshman I tried to stay out of the senior's way as much as possible throughout the year. But I did know a few kind faces from before school started, who i've known most of my life, and I also met some amazing people that definitely changed my freshman year.
I've only gotten close to three or four seniors this year, but they've all had a huge impact on my life :)

I'd like to thank them, and wish them the best of things for their future. I know they'll do amazing things, whether they're at the University of Minnesota, off in Europe, or chasing their dreams. I hope they all go on to great things, because I know they will.

Today was full of tears, smiles, giant yearbooks and a pretty rad senior prank (smoke bombs on the first floor). I didn't cry, necessarily. But part of me has just started to realize. Some of the seniors I've gotten to know, I will probably never see again. They're going on to college, then later jobs. A family, maybe a wife and some kids, and a steady job hopefully. They're moving on from their life, on from highschool.
It feels like right now we'll never get out of highschool. We'll be stuck here forever or something. But i'm realizing that after highschool, there's LIFE outside. and PEOPLE and we'll BE those old people someday saying "WHEN I WAS A KID, WE HAD TO RIDE A BIG YELLOW CONTRAPTION TO SCHOOL INSTEAD OF TELEPORTING THERE!"

I must sound like a complete idiot for saying this. But I never really could imagine myself or my friends outside of highschool.

Anyways. I wish all of you seniors the best of luck in whatever you do and know you'll do great. To those who I know and love dearly, I love you and I will miss you. Don't be strangers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment